Next Stop Broadway
June 10 -14, 2024
Next Stop Broadway, presented by the FSCJ Artist Series registration is now open
NEXT STOP BROADWAY® is a week-long musical theatre intensive consisting of classes, workshops, and rehearsals focused on the "Golden Age of Broadway." The staff of Broadway professionals teaches songs and choreography from classic Broadway productions and replicates the process of putting on an authentic Broadway show.
Next Stop Broadway is unique among the vast amount of theatre programs available for musical theatre loving youth. It is a five-day intensive that focuses on being in the ensemble of a classic Broadway show!
This program is designed for the success of cast members with or without musical theatre experience. The life lessons include, respect, responsibility, and working together toward a common goal. Through the rehearsal process of selections from classic musicals, the ensemble sings, dances, and acts, and each member has their chance to shine. In addition to the big musicals, the cast is divided into smaller groups where they get to engage their creativity in writing, directing, choreographing, and starring in their own mini-musicals. The week culminates with an "Opening Night" performance for family and friends on Friday. Learn More
- Located at the FSCJ Nathan H. Wilson Center for the Performing Arts 11901 Beach Blvd. Jacksonville, FL 32246
- Ages 10-17
- Check-in begins at 8:30 a.m. and program hours are 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday. Friday will run until approximately 7 p.m. for the "Opening Night" performance.
- Tuition includes 2 Official Next Stop Broadway T-Shirts (A $40 Value) and Professional Headshots (A $200 Value).
- Lunch, snacks and a bottle of water are also provided each day. (A $200 Value)
- A 50% deposit can be made at the time of registration by contacting Box Office at (904)-632-5000 with the remainder due on May 24, 2024.
The cost of the program is $595 for the five-day intensive.
The FSCJ Artist Series proudly announces a limited number of half scholarships to Next Stop Broadway available through the generosity of our Advocate member support. Because we are dedicated to providing arts education opportunities to all children, those who desire to apply will be considered for a scholarship up to $300 toward the $595 registration fee.
How to apply:
1. Students ages 10-17 must submit a brief note describing the experience which inspired their interest in the theater.
2. Parents or guardians must also include a note briefly outlining the need for the scholarship and stating how the opportunity to attend Next Stop Broadway will enhance the child’s appreciation for the performing arts.
Eligibility: Children between the ages of 10-17. No theatrical experience required.
Email to: email@example.com
Notification of receipt of a scholarship will be made no later than two weeks prior to Next Stop Broadway’s opening.
TONY PARISE, Director: Mr. Parise began his professional theatrical career as a performer at the age of 10 in a production of OLIVER! with Sid Caesar. He appeared in the first National tour of A CHORUS LINE, and was on Broadway in 42ND STREET, MEAND MY GIRL, and CITY OF ANGELS. On the other side of the footlights, Mr. Parise has directed and/or choreographed HELLO, DOLLY starring Madeline Kahn, WHERE'S CHARLEY? starring Jo Sullivan and Emily Loesser, MAME, SEVEN BRIDES FOR SEVEN BROTHERS, THE MUSIC MAN, CRAZY FOR YOU, DAMES AT SEA, ON THE 20TH CENTURY, FUNNY GIRL, LA CAGE AUX FOLLES, OLIVER, CINDERELLA, SOUTH PACIFIC, and National companies of ANYTHING GOES, GREASE!, 42ND STREET and ME AND MY GIRL. Off-Broadway credits include, choreography for PIRATES OF PENZANCE, (Lucille Lortel Nomination), co-choreography for PAGEANT, movement for RAFT OF THE MEDUSA, and co-direction and staging for BALANCING ACT, by "Mr. Nunsense", Dan Goggin. Other New York credits include, MACY'S 100th ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION in Herald Sq., MACY’S THANKSGIVING DAY PARADE, and choreography for Bernadette Peters' Carnegie Hall and Radio City Music Hall debuts. Internationally, Mr. Parise has mounted companies of 42ND STREET in London, Australia, New Zealand, and Korea, ME AND MY GIRL in Mexico City, ANYTHINGGOES at the Theater Des Westens in Berlin, and has choreographed for Italian TV in Milan. Teaching credits include master classes throughout this country and abroad with such organizations as: AMDA, Boston Ballet, New Zealand School of Dance, and the Philadelphia College of Performing arts. Tony created TAP! and TAP 2! For Fleet Boston's Family Music Series.
Nathan H. Wilson Center for the Arts
11901 Beach Blvd.
Jacksonville FL 32246