Waitress Pie Contest in Jacksonville
Calling all Jacksonville Amateur Bakers!
The FSCJ Artist Series and First Coast News are looking for the most delicious, creative and uniquely-named pie inspired by the hit musical Waitress. This hit musical is the story of a waitress and expert pie maker who crafts desserts that mirror her topsy-turvy life such as “The Key (Lime) to Happiness Pie” and “My Husband’s a Jerk Chicken Potpie.” Submit your most creative, funny, delicious and whimsical pie recipe by 11:59 p.m. on February 13, 2019
We’re looking for the kind of recipe that expresses your hopes, dreams, fears or frustrations – something baked right from the heart, but it’s got to be scrumptious as well. The winner will receive four tickets to the opening night of Waitress at the Times-Union Center on March 12 at 7:30 p.m., a $100 gift certificate to Taverna and will have their recipe featured in the Waitress cookbook available for sale during the run of Waitress at the Times-Union Center March 12-17, 2019.
Contest will consist of two parts. All interested applicants must submit an original recipe with a unique name that is inspired by Waitress the musical. Three finalists will be selected by a panel of expert bakers and judges through the FSCJ Artist Series and will go on to compete in the live test tasting on February 26 at 10:15am-12:00pm on First Coast Living. The three finalists will be notified by February 19, 2019.
How to Enter
- Create an original and tested recipe and give it a unique name that is inspired by Waitress the musical.
- Click the button below "Enter the Contest" and submit your own creative and tested recipe by 11:59 pm on February 13, 2019
- If you are a selected finalist, you must be available to attend the live taste testing on First Coast Living on February 26 at 10:15am-12:00pm and bring your pie creation with you for a chance to be the winner.
- 4 tickets to opening night of Waitress at the Times-Union (Tuesday, March 12)
- $100 gift certificate to Taverna
- Winning recipe inserted in Waitress cookbook sold at the Times-Union Center during the Jacksonville engagement of Waitress